Having cracked and dry heels can not only be a cosmetic issue but can also turn into a painful condition as the skin becomes dry with thick callus appearing yellow or brown especially along the inside border of the heel, as well as redness, itching, inflammation and peeling skin.
Cracked heels can be a result of lack of moisture, dry air, unhealthy diet, improper foot care, hard floors, prolonged standing, and wearing the wrong types of shoes. Moreover, there are other conditions which can contribute to this problem and those are eczema, calluses and corns, thyroid disease, and diabetes.
If the proper precautions are being taken right away cracks can be prevented from getting deeper and causing pain and bleeding. There is some home remedy which is very beneficial for this condition.
- Take 10 aspirin tablets (acetylsalicylic acid), or and tablets (acetaminophen) and crush them in fine powder.
- Cover it with 250 ml of 70% rubbing alcohol and let it stay for 1-2 days.
- Each night soak a cotton ball/pad or gauze in it, but shake it before use, and apply it on your heel.
- Wrap the foot in a plastic foil and put on a sock, leaving it to stay overnight.
- When you wake up, rinse it with water and dry it with a towel after which you’ll apply some greasy foot cream or glycerin.
- After 10 treatments you’ll see improvements.
- If you want some better results, you can go ahead and exfoliate your heels with a foot scrubber before you apply the foot cream.
- If in case you suffer from painful varicose veins, this treatment will help.
- The pain will lessen immediately after applying it.
you can still pamper your feet with this delightful treat based solely on milk and baking powder. How? By following these simple steps:
- 1. Heat about a liter of milk until it boils. Careful not to spill.
- Pour the milk into a bowl that you can later put your feet in.
- Add three spoons of baking powder and mix it in until it dissolves in the hot milk.
- Allow the milk to cool off to a temperature you can easily keep your feet in.
- Sit down and let your feet soak for ten minutes.
- While doing this, you can read a magazine, listen to music, sip tea, read our blog.
- After ten minutes, rinse your feet with warm water and dry your feet very well.
- Milk has powerful regenerative and nourishing properties.
- It will repair the skin barrier and leave you with very soft heels.