Mangoes are one of the most delicious, nutritionally wealthy and health beneficial tropical fruits. They originate from the sub-Himalayan plains of the Indian subcontinent and are one of the most popular fruits in the world. They were first grown in India, some 5000 years ago and traveled from Asia to the core East, East Africa and South starting around 300 or 400 years A.D.
A mango tree can grow as tall as 100 toes. The bark, leaves, skin, and pit of the mango have been used in folk remedies for centuries and it’s no wonder if we take a look at its health benefits.
Here are 5 of the most important reasons you should eat mango every day, at least while it’s in season.
- Mango is rich in antioxidants like quercetin, isoquercitrin, astragalin, fisetin, gallic acid and methyl gallate which are essential in the fight against colon, breast, leukemia and prostate cancers.
- It’s also rich in vitamin C, pectin, and fibers which can help in lowering your cholesterol levels.
- It has recently been discovered that mango is an excellent source of potassium, which is essential in maintaining the normal flow of cell and body fluids, protecting you from cardiovascular diseases and keeping your blood pressure under control.
- Mangoes are excellent for every skin type.
- It will help you unclog your pores and add freshness to your face.
- Slice a mango into thin pieces and apply them to your face.
- Leave them on for 15 minutes and rinse.
- Mangoes are also rich in folic acid is which is excellent for skin, hair, and nails.
- One cup of sliced mangoes supplies 25 percent of the needed daily value of vitamin A, which promotes good eyesight and prevents night blindness and dry eyes.
- Papayas are not the only fruit that contains enzymes for breaking down protein.
- There are several fruits, including mangoes, which have this healthful quality.
- The fiber in mangos also helps digestion and elimination.
- Juicing the fruit from green mango and mixing it with water and a sweetener helps to cool down the body and prevent harm from overheating.
- Ayurveda says that people often get diuretic and exhausted when visiting equatorial climates because the strong “sun energy” is burning up your body, particularly the muscles.
- The kidneys then become overloaded with the toxins from this process.
- Mango juice can help ease this condition and make you feel better.