You surely already have Vicks VapoRub at home, as this ingredient is a real miracle when it comes to sickness and common colds.
However, despite these properties, apparently, it has a myriad of other uses in the house as well.
1.Prevent cracked heels
- Apply some Vicks on the dry and cracked heels and feet, and put on cotton socks.
- Leave it to act until the morning.
- You can also rub them with a pumice stone to exfoliate and soften the skin.
2.Prevent chapped lips
- Apply some Vicks VapoRub on the dry and chapped lips to hydrate them deeply and restore their softness.
3.Soothe sore muscles
- The menthol in Vicks refreshes the skin and boosts the blood circulation.
- Rub the sore areas of the body with some Vicks after the physical activity to prevent muscle pain.
4.Fight toenail fungus
- One of the main ingredients of Vicks, thymol, prevents fungal growth as it has powerful antiseptic, antimicrobial and antibacterial properties.
- Just rub some of it on the nails and toenails before going to bed.
5.Reduce stretch marks
- Stretch marks are extremely unattractive and are mostly caused by pregnancy.
- Apparently, Vicks VapoRub fight against their development, as some of its ingredients, like camphor, eucalyptus oil, petrolatum, turpentine oil, and cedar leaf oil, hydrate and soften the skin, which reduces the appearance of stretch marks.
6.Soothe headaches and migraines
- Vicks is extremely useful in the case of migraines and headaches, as if you rub some of it on the temples, the menthol will cool off them and relieve pressure.
- Mix some Vicks with a pinch of salt and rub the remedy on the bruised areas.
- This will quickly dissolve the bruise and restore the normal skin tone.
- Rub some VapoRub on a cotton ball and place it in your ear.
- Leave it to stay for several hours, 2-3 times daily, to soothe the pain and fight ear infections.
- Vicks leaves a cool effect which will relieve the stinging sensation of sunburns.
- All you need to do is to rub some of it on the affected areas.
10.Train the pets
- To help your pet learn the areas it should avoid, just put an open container of Vicks VapoRub on the areas, and you will successfully deter it from there.