The spikenard plant is native to the Himalayas, India, and China, and reaches 3 feet in height. It has pink, bell-shaped flowers and hairy spikes that shoot out from its roots.
This beneficial plant has a sweet, spicy, and heavy odor, and offers a myriad of health benefits. The spikenard essential oil is derived from this plant, and it cures digestive issues, insomnia, reduces stress, and more.
- Spikenard essential oil acts as a natural antioxidant and strengthens the immune system and reduces oxidative stress.
- Moreover, it treats inflammation and lowers blood pressure by dilating the arteries.
- Inflammation is the leading cause of most diseases and conditions.
- According to the findings of a 2010study, this essential oil reduces the severity of two inflammatory conditions, acute pancreatitis, and pancreatitis-associated lung injury.
- Spikenard essential oil treats inflammation throughout the body and relieves asthma and arthritis symptoms.
- This essential oil has powerful antibacterial and anti-fungal properties, which accelerate the healing of wounds and treat infections.
- Its topical application treats athlete’s foot and toenail fungus as well, and it is helpful in the treatment of food poisoning.
- The traditional Ayurvedic medicine used it as a stimulant to purify the uterus and promote menstruation.
- This oil cleanses the ovaries and uterus by stimulating the release of estrogen and progesterone.
- It also relieves PMS symptoms, like bloating and painful cramps.
- Spikenard essential oil has natural laxative properties which help digestion, relieve constipation, and treat all kinds of digestive distress, such as fatigue, bloating and gas.
- In 2011, researchers have found that this oil stimulates hair growth, and its beneficial compounds slow down the graying of hair and retain the natural color.
- To treat hair loss, apply it topically on the scalp or add 5-10 drops of this essential oil to your natural conditioner.
- Spikenard essential oil has potent sedative qualities and reduces stress, calms anger, aggression, and restlessness.
- Diffuse it at home and enjoy its mind and body relaxing properties.
- Its sedative properties treat insomnia and sleeping difficulties.
- Just diffuse it at bedtime and it will lower blood pressure, calm your mind and body, treat anxiety, and help you get a sound sleep.