Honey wraps are an effective natural remedy which effectively cures colds, strong coughs and treats diseases of the respiratory tract. The high biological activity of honey enables it to successfully can discard mucus, which is usually present in severe coughing attacks.
Moreover, these honey wraps are extremely useful as they eliminate a cough and its symptoms in the only night. They are especially useful for children but can be used by adults as well.
These wraps can do wonders for your health since they contain good anti-inflammatory activity and a slight warming effect. Furthermore, the results of this treatment will follow almost immediately, and the positive benefits can be felt even in the initial stage of the disease. These wraps can help you treat the disease without any complications.
- vegetable oil
- Band-Aid adhesive tape
- Mix the flour with a small amount of honey, in order to prepare a mixture which does not stick to your hands. Use this mixture for the compress.
- Now add some vegetable oil to this mixture, and then roll it in some flour once again. As soon as the mixture is ready, place it on a napkin, and then wrap the napkin in a cheesecloth.
- Attach this wrap to your chest or your back using a plaster, and then put on your pajamas.
- Note that you should not place the wrap all the way to the area of the heart, but place slightly above your heart.
- It would be best to put this compress to your child is right before going to bed. You should leave it to stay like that for about 2-3 hours.
- Furthermore, adults can keep their compress throughout the night, and for a slightly enhanced effect, you can add a little bit of mustard powder.
- You will be sweating a lot, and your sheets will probably get wet, hence, it would be wise to put some protection on the sheets.
- You will feel a significant relief only after the first compress. In order for this treatment to work, you need to repeat it several days in a row.
- In most cases, these honey wraps are used for treating coughs and can be used in children older than 6 months. Nevertheless, in case of a skin disease or any other skin injury, this treatment with honey wraps should be avoided.