Onychomycosis or nail fungus is a fungus infection of the nail. It is a common condition that occurs as a result of the attack of dermatophytes, yeast, or non-dermatophyte mold.
In the beginning, you may experience no symptoms at all. However, over time, you may notice that your nail looks thicker with a yellowish color, surrounded by inflamed skin.
Nail fungus can be caused by abnormal pH of the skin, constant exposure to moisture, poor foot hygiene, weak immune system, wearing synthetic socks, weak circulation, and sweat build-up in shoes.
Natural remedy for fighting nail fungus
- This completely natural remedy offers antiseptic and antifungal properties.
- It can effectively destroy the microorganisms responsible for infections.
- It provides similar effects to the conventional antifungal treatments.
- However, it is free of chemicals and cheaper!
Benefits of alcohol
- To prepare this remedy, you should use 90% ethyl alcohol.
- It has potent antibacterial and disinfectant properties and can prevent infections when applied to wounds.
- It can provide amazing results in the treatment of bacteria and fungi as well.
- Moreover, it is very effective for treating onychomycosis.
Benefits of hydrogen peroxide
- Hydrogen peroxide can help you to disinfect your wounds.
- It offers powerful antifungal and antibacterial properties and can fight fungus on the nails and feet.
- It can also diminish the yellowish coloration that occurs as a result of fungus.
- Moreover, it has the ability to prevent weakening and breaking of the nail.
The benefits of white vinegar
- White vinegar is also very effective for treating onychomycosis.
- It is packed with organic acids, which alter the environment the microorganisms need to thrive, thus stopping the infection.
- Due to its strong antifungal and antiseptic properties, white vinegar can fight fungus and prevent the deterioration of the nail.
- So, it can reduce itching, hardness, and other symptoms caused by fungal infection.
How to prepare this remedy
- It is very simple and easy to prepare this remedy. You should use it regularly until you eliminate the problem.
- 5 tablespoons of 90% ethyl alcohol
- 5 tablespoons of hydrogen peroxide
- 2 tablespoons of white vinegar
- In a glass container, pour the ethyl alcohol.
- Add the hydrogen peroxide and white vinegar and cover the container.
- Shake it to mix the ingredients well.
- Keep it in a cool and dry place
- Rinse the infected nail. Dry it and use a piece of cotton to apply the remedy.
- If your nail is too thick and yellow, you should file the surface before applying the remedy.
- Apply the remedy two times a day, every day. In most cases, the results occur after 2 months of using the remedy.
- So, use it regularly and you will be amazed by the results!