Finding a meal which is both delicious and healthy can be a challenge. Moreover, the challenge is even more demanding if you are a vegan. However, we have the answer to your dilemma, and it is an amazing twist on the usual rice pudding.
The regular rice pudding is rich in highly processed foods and fat. However, the dessert can become healthy by using coconut milk instead of the regular milk, brown rice instead of white rice, and not using an egg.
This dessert is animal-friendly, very healthy and tasty and it is excellent for breakfast and for late nights.
- Using coconut milk instead of regular milk is not only convenient for vegans, but also coconut milk offers a number of health benefits.
- This milk is rich in copper, which supports the immune system to defend itself from infections and illnesses.
- Moreover, coconut milk also contains niacin or Vitamin B-3 in high levels.
- One of the most potent benefits of niacin is that it increases the stress relieving and sex hormones production.
- Niacin is critical for the mental and reproductive health.
- There has been a debate on whether eating white or brown rice is healthier that has been going for several years.
- Nevertheless, according to a study conducted at the Harvard University, consuming brown rice can notably reduce the risk of diabetes.
- The health benefits of the brown rice are evident.
- Coconut milk- 1 can (light)
- Brown rice- 1 cup
- Maple syrup-(2 tablespoons)
- Water-2 cups
- Vanilla- 1 teaspoon
- Cinnamon-2 teaspoons
- Raisins- ½ cup
- Put the brown rice, coconut milk, vanilla, syrup, and water in the cooker and leave it to cook on low heat for approximately three and a half hours.
- Add the raisins and the cinnamon.
Article Source ( 1 , )