What is the first thing you do when you have muscle pain? If you are like the majority of Americans, I am almost certain that you immediately fetch your pain relief medication.
Unfortunately, drugs like Tylenol, which are very popular, badly affect your liver and if they are used daily, they can cause addiction.
- Essential oils have a number of household uses, one of them as a first aid.
- One of the best ways to treat chronic pain is Helichrysum Italicum.
- This plant, which is of yellow color, originates from Europe and it has a number of properties:
- It is rich in Neryl Acetate, which promotes blood circulation and relaxes the muscles.
- It also contains Gamma-, Beta- and Alpha-curcumin, which help against inflammation and also Di-ketones which stimulate regeneration of the tissue.
- This makes this oil more powerful than most medication.
- You can apply this oil topically as a treatment form ligament, joint, and muscle pain and also for sprains and bruises.
- This oil is so potent that it was tested on open wounds in a hospital in Grasse, France and it was discovered that this oil is able to multiple natural collagen in the skin cells and to increase the speed of the healing of the wounds and to minimize the scarring and the redness.
- In the past, the leaves and the flowers of this plant were utilized to promote the neurological, immune and respiratory systems and also to improve mood and reduce stress. Since it has anti-inflammatory, antifungal and antimicrobial properties.
- They were also used as a treatment for allergies, cough, colds, gallbladder and liver disorders, skin disorders, sleeplessness, and infections.
- Helichrysum is neither cytotoxic nor genotoxic, and that makes it different from pharmaceuticals.
- It is advisable not to use it on wounds which are open unless there is a supervision from a medical practitioner.
- Be careful not to swallow it as well.
- In case there is a severe pain which is caused by a sprain or burn, you need to apply undiluted oil directly on the area which is affected.
- As the healing begins, dilute it in Jojoba or olive oil in a ratio 1:4 and apply it on a regular basis until the injury is healed completely.
- If your pain is chronic, mix 40 drops of Helichrysum in an ounce of a carrier oil of your choosing and create a dilution of 5%.
- In order to achieve cooling or warming effect, you can incorporate the black pepper essential oil.